Welcome to Ms. Boba's Not-So-Secret
There are two versions of this
journal newsletter: free and paid. In addition to supporting BobaBoard's development, paid contributors get special dibs on the topics of (and early access to) each edition!
How it Works
- At signup, and after each newsletter is published (on a best-effort, monthly-ish schedule), you will receive a survey.
- Select your favorite topics, and wait patiently for the next edition to be delivered.
- Rinse, repeat.
- Dive Deep into BobaBoard's Secret Documents: learn about BobaBoard's past, present and future with access to special tidbits from Ms. Boba's planning documents.
- Early Access to Features Planning & Roadmap: hear about upcoming features before they happen, and give your feedback!
- Retrospectives & Development Insights: want to learn about the behind-the-scene of RobinBoob's launch? Curious about how certain features work, and the development tradeoffs behind them? You ask, Ms. Boba answers.
- Analysis of Other Platforms: how did feeds work on LiveJournal? Which features were lost to time? How does fandom use Quora? What's interesting about Slack's feature-set?
- ...and more: why was Denny's marketing campaign the beginning of the end? / how did Discord get its start? / "Ms. Boba yells at Capitalism" / highlights & juicy tidbits from papers about online harassment, social spaces, and much more!
Still thinking about it?
Let me know what could tip the scales by filling this survey.
(Free, $5 monthly, or $50 yearly)
Your contribution will go directly to BobaBoard's development.
Can I contribute a different amount?
Unfortunately, that is not automatically possible at this time. Reach out at email@example.com, and I might be able to set up something for you!
Can I pay through PayPal?
Please subscribe to the free edition of the newsletter to be notified when PayPal becomes available. Alternatively, write me at firstname.lastname@example.org, and I might be able to set up something for you!
Tired of outdated memes and questionable humor? Never fear! You can still contribute to BobaBoard's development while opting out of the newsletter itself*. The content will always be here waiting to be read at your own leisure.
* Setting available in members area after login.